Here's what I'd like to see, assuming we'll also get iPhone 3.0 software update.
- The entire screen should be touch enabled, so the border could be used for interactivity.
- ARM Cortex A9 (multi-core version would be a dream),
- PowerVR SGX and
- minimum of 256MB RAM (up from 128MB)
Software, given the above specs
- Background applications
- I'm wondering if this is coming rather than Apple's original 'push' solution, since we haven't seen it yet...
- Support for cross-application communication / shared data
- At the very minimum, this should be permitted for apps released by the same developer
- Major innovations to Springboard, since it is becoming unwieldy on iPhones with many apps installed
- 'spotlight' style launching would be good
- It could be arranged in a grid pattern so you could flip left, right, up or down or diagonally. A faint arrow could show you where centre is. Pressing home would take you back to the centre screen.
- For up to 9 screens you would be no more than 2 flips from any other screen.
- A gesture (like pinch) could be used to zoom out the spring board, like spaces to see 4 page or further out for 6 and then 9 pages. Tap on a page to zoom back.
- You should be able to name spaces, so you could see text on each space. e.g. 'Games', 'Financial', etc...