If you use Google Chrome for an advanced local file system development on Mac OS X, no doubt you've been frustrated with issues such as security (same origin). All is not lost, as I've created an application bundle that allows you to launch Chrome from Finder with the following additional command-line switches:
- Don't enforce the same-origin policy. (Used by people testing their sites.)
- Example: http://learnwebgl.com lessons; much better than having to set up apache
- By default, file:// URIs cannot read other file:// URIs. This is an override for developers who need the old behavior for testing.
You can download the archive from here.
If there are other switches you wish to add, many of which are conveniently documented here,
- RMB and select Show Package Contents and
- edit the shell script in Google Chrome Dev.app/Contents/MacOS